- Hanchard, M., Merrington, P., Wessels, B. (2020) ‘Being part of an audience: Patterns of contemporary film audience experience’, Participations, 17(2). pp. 1-18.
- Forrest, D. (2020) New realisms: Contemporary British cinema, Edinburgh University press: Edinburgh
- Hanchard, M., Merrington, P., Wessels, B., Rogers, K., Pidd, M., Yates, S., Forrest, D., Higson, A., Townsend, N. and Smiths, R. (2020) Developing a computational ontology to understand the relational aspects of audience formation, Emerald Open Research, 2(5).
- Hanchard, M., Merrington, P., Wessels, B., and Yates, S. (2019) Exploring contemporary patterns of cultural consumption: offline and online film watching in the UK, Emerald Open Research , 1(16).
- Sheffield: University of Sheffield.
- Hanchard, M. (2019) Using NVivo to structure a computational ontology, (blog) NVivo blog.
- Corbett, S. and Wessels, B. (2017) Active audiences and reflexivity: How film audiences form in northern English regions. Participations: Journal of Audience and Reception Studies, 14(2), pp. 63-79
- Beyond the Multiplex (2019) Interim Findings Report – November 2019, Beyond the Multiplex.
- Corbett, S., Wessels, B., Forrest, D., Pidd. M., Rogers, K., Kime, A., Crawley, M. and Wild, I. (2015) ‘How Audiences Form: Exploring Film Provision and Participation in the North of England‘. Glasgow: University of Glasgow.
- Merrington, P., Hanchard, M., Wessels, B. (2020) ‘The dynamics of audience practices: mobilities of film consumption’, Gennari, D. (Chair), Panel 7: Film audience movements and migrations: across borders and screens, Oxford Brookes University: Oxford, 07-09-Sep-2020.
- Wessels, B., Hanchard, M. and Merrington, P. (2020) ‘Beyond the Multiplex: Audiences for Specialised film in English Regions’, in: Gregson, S. and Hope, A. (Chairs) Socials session: How researchers are using Emerald Open Research to make their findings more easily accessible and discoverable, European Association for the Study of Science and Technology (EASST) and the Society of the Social Studies of Science (4S) combined annual conference: Online. 18-21 August 2020.
- Wessels, B., Merrington, P. and Hanchard, M. (2019) ‘Audience journeys into non-mainstream film’, Mapp, S. (Chair) This Way Up, Nottingham: Broadway cinema, 04-Dec-2019 to 04-Dec-2019.
- Merrington, P. (2020 ‘An audience perspective…’, Gubbins, M. (Chair) Panel 1: How Can Cinemas and Streaming Platforms Co-Exist?, Europa Cinema Network annual conference, Lisbon: Corinthia Hotel, 21-24-Nov-2019.
- Forrest, D., Hanchard, M., Higson., A., Merrington, P., Pidd., M., Rogers, K., Smits., R., Townsend., N., Wessels, B., and Yates., S. (2019) ‘Using a computational ontology and mixed-methods in conceptualising film audiences’, (Chair), Vicente-Mariño, M., Audience research methods working group: International association of media and communications research annual conference, Madrid: Universidad complutense Madrid, 07-Jul-2019 to 11-Jul-2019.
- Forrest, D. (2019) ‘Slightly depressing but beautiful at the same time: National and Regional Imaginaries in Contemporary European Cinemas’, Keynote speech: Place and community colloquium, Sheffield: University of Sheffield, 24-May-2019.
- Forrest, D. (2018) ‘Beyond the multiplex: Film elicitations’, This way up 2018, Liverpool: FACT, 5-6-Dec-2018.
- Forrest, D. and Hanchard, M. (2019) ‘“Through falling in love, it’s like he’s seeing this landscape, seeing that beauty…” The film worlds of God’s Own Country.’, Chair: British association of film, television, and screen studies annual conference 2019 (intersectionalities panel), Birmingham: University of Birmingham, 25-Apr-2019.
- Merrington, P. (2019) Beyond the multiplex‘’ Diagonale: Festival des österreichischen films, Graz (Austria): Diagonale film festival, 19-24-Mar-2019.
- Merrington, P. and Hanchard, M. (2018) ‘Using a data ontology to understand the relational dynamics of film audiences’, Chair: Pidd, M. Digital Humanities congress 2018, Sheffield; University of Sheffield, 06-08-Oct-2018.
- Wessels, B (2018) Beyond the multiplex: A new approach to audience research’, This way up 2018, Liverpool: FACT, 5-6-Dec-2018.
- Wessels, B. and Hanchard, M. (2019) ‘Using a computational ontology and mixed- methods in conceptualising film audiences’, Chair: International association of media and communications research 2019 (audience research panel), Madrid (Spain): Compultense Universidad Madrid, 07-11-Jul-2019.
- Wessels, B., Hanchard, M., and Merrington, P. (2019) ‘Working with mixed methods aided by a computational ontology to address how film audiences form in regional contexts’, Sociology seminar series, Glasgow: University of Glasgow, 20-Feb-2019.
- Wessels, B. (2018) ‘Film and audience experiences and participation ’Film hub south west members’ Christmas meeting, Bristol: Watershed cinema, 10-Dec-2019.
- Yates, S., and Hanchard, M. (2019) ’Modelling socio-cultural factors in film genre: Bauman and Goldthorpe’, Liverpool film seminar series, Liverpool: University of Liverpool, 04-Mar-2019.