These questions and answers are designed to summarise some of the project’s findings and show how the findings are supported by the project’s data. It is a good starting point for anyone who wishes to learn how different types of data can be combined to create new perspectives.
- Are there different types of film audience?
- Are there geographical and place-based distinctions in film provision?
- What are the patterns of film preferences for different groups of people?
- How does film policy support the development of audiences for specialised film in English Regions?
- What resources do audiences draw on when engaging with specialised film and mainstream narratives?
- How do screens and venues feature in people’s film viewing?
- How do people develop interest in film and create personal film journeys?